Sunday, January 18, 2009

Basketball in Uppsala.

Hello!
I'm sorry I haven't been able to write for a couple of days.
I have been in Helsingborg which is about 6 hours away from where I live. My big brother Borna just moved there, so we helped him out with his new house. Helsingborg is really close to Denmark. If you take a boat, it will take about 10-15 minutes. And everybody talks so wierd there. So I just came home from a basketball game, I didn't play though. Uppsalas ladies did. Uppsala is the city I live in. The coach, Zlatan, always yell at me - NADIA, WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO PLAY WITH US!? I'm 13 and he wants me to play with girls over 20!!
Haha, he is funny. And a great guy. He used to coach a team called Akropol, a men team. They played in the league (he's trying to make the women come all the way to the league too) but they won 7 games I think. Of like 30. He got kicked out later on. Akropol isn't in the league anymore cause they had 7000 dollars bill, and no one could give the money. That is 65000 kr. The ladies won. 90-49. Their 14 straight win. They lost their first game with 2 points, against a team they never won over in I think 2 seasons. But they won over them a few weeks ago. I'm Salléns (the team) ball girl :) It's fun. Oh, today I spoke to my favorite coach in the world! WALLY SMITH! He is from USA but he's been here almost 35 years. He is over 50 years old. So nice! I gotta go now, my pizza is getting cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment